Science, technology, engineering, and mathematics, also known as STEM is a valuable part of students' education. When we add the letter A - for ARTS - to the acronym, we get an even more meaningful experience in programs at school and at camp. It even makes for great playtime and Hatch achieves that through project-based learning.
Here are the TOP 5 reasons why STEM should be STEAM:
1. Because science is the foundation of engineering and engineering creates; it's an art.
2. Creativity - art - is valued even in mathematics. Just ask Leonardo da Vinci.
3. You need to be creative to solve problems.
4. Artwork is tinker work and concentrated work and you know you need that when you're doing tech stuff.
5. Art challenges perception and that pushes the boundaries of creativity in every area of life.
Check out what we're doing at Hatch camp. It's definitely worth chugging over for (hahaha.. STEAM engine joke, get it?).
Or if you're already STEAMed and ready to go :